Grain to Glass:
- All of the barley used in our distillation process is either home grown or supplied by Irish farmers, the majority within a 15km radius.
- The whey-based spirit used for our Minke gin and vodka is derived from milk produced on the family farm, or from neighbouring farmers.
- We practice the min-till system on all our farm grown grain, which promotes long term soil health by increasing organic matter content, reducing fertiliser requirement, and significantly reducing energy consumption.
- 100% of our local barley growers are IGAS certified (Irish Grain Assurance Scheme).
- 80% of our local barley growers are members of GLAS. (Green, Low- carbon, Agri-environment Scheme).
- Our growers practice a wide range of carbon saving initiatives, such as additional planting of native Irish trees and hedgerows to serve as wildlife corridors, in addition to the introduction of dedicated areas for wild bird cover and the sowing of winter catch crops to act as carbon sinks during the non-growing season.
- 98% of our packaging materials are reusable, recyclable and/or compostable.
- All our incoming packaging is recycled within the business where possible.
- Priority is always given to locally sourced products, packaging, and services.
- By 2023, 100% of our local barley growers will be members of GLAS.
- By the end of 2022 we will eliminate the use of single-use plastic from our whiskey packaging.
- By the end of 2022 we will reduce average glass weight by 15%.
- By 2025, we will include a minimum of 40% recycled glass in our standard bottle, with the intention of increasing this even further as technology allows.
- By 2025, 100% of our packaging materials will be reusable, recyclable and/or compostable.